- Nature in Your Neighbourhood 2002-2004
- Cam Catchment Sustainable Farming Project 2003-2005
- Water Vole Recovery Project – 2004-2006
Nature In Your Neighbourhood provided support and encouragement for urban communities wishing to improve their local green spaces for wildlife. The project offered:
· Advice and technical expertise with creating management plans
· Help with preparing grant bids and managing funds
· Help with organising community consultation, training and events
· Greater access to our partnership organisations
River and riverside habitats support a number of rare or threatened species, including otter and spined loach, and the Cam Catchment project addressed the issue of diffuse pollution of the river through farming. Several farm walks were organised and advice given to farmers.
The Water Vole Recovery Project filled in many of the gaps in survey information. It informed us that the Cambridgeshire fens hold a scattered but substantial concentration of water voles that is of national importance. A project officer – funded for two years part time – also provided training and advice for drainage engineers, farmers and staff from the sponsoring organisations.