Start recording the wildlife you see. You can find ideas what to watch out for on www.cperc.org.uk.
* The Open Air Laboratories (OPAL) project is producing survey material for specific habitats and species. For a list of currently running different surveys, see www.opalexplorenature.org/?q=surveys
* The Woodland Trust is asking your help to find and map all the old and fat trees in the UK, see www.ancient-tree-hunt.org.uk/
* The Ladybird Survey is encouraging the recording of all UK ladybirds to get a better picture of the impact of the invasion of the non-native Harlequin Ladybird, see www.ladybird-survey.org/
* Plantlife is asking for your involvement with Wildflowers Count project, see http://www.plantlife.org.uk/things_to_do/wildflowers_count/
* The Bumblebee Conservation Trust has several different surveys running that you can contribute to, including the BeeWatch project for keen photographers. See http://bumblebeeconservation.org/get-involved/surveys/
* Join Butterfly Conservation’s Big Butterfly Count in August, see www.bigbutterflycount.org/